Mission, Organizational Values,
History & FAQs
We are Indiana’s first family medicine practice that is an openly inclusive and welcoming medical facility to people who identify as LGBTQ2IA+, extending welcome to the entire community as well.
We believe in inclusive and whole person care, and prioritize serving those with limitations to care.
We are dedicated to creating educational opportunities that bring healing and understanding to our community.
- Every human being as whole and valuable to humanity
- Space that is comforting, welcoming and safe
- Affordable healthcare and access to medical and mental health services
- Inclusive primary care with LGBTQ2IA+ competent services
- Healing that includes the mind, body and spirit
- Creativity in individual, community and business development
- Collaboration with our patients, partners and community
- Advocacy for the wellbeing of our patients
- Empowerment of authentic expression
In 2015 Mosaic co-founders Mixhi Marquis, LMT and Dr. Catherine Bast had a vision for a family practice that would specifically be welcoming to LGBTQ2IA+ patients. Both having backgrounds in holistic medicine and advocacy, Mixhi and Dr. Bast knew that a place like Mosaic was crucial for the health and wellbeing of the transgender and gender-nonconforming community in Michiana. The community recognized the value of Mixhi and Dr. Bast’s vision, and rallied together; within 6 months of the initial vision, Mosaic Health and Healing Arts opened its doors.
Since opening in 2016, Mosaic has solidified itself as a bastion of whole-person and LGBTQ2IA+ family practice healthcare in Michiana. Starting with 80 patients, Mosaic’s patient panel has grown to nearly 3000 patients (including over 800 transgender and non-binary patients).
In addition to full-spectrum family medicine, Mosaic has developed into a center for gender-affirming care, HIV care and prevention, and mental health care. Mosaic has also recognized the need for LGBTQ2IA+ competency training in medicine, social work, community organizations, and offers trainings to make the community a more welcoming place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you enter Oaklawn’s long driveway, continue through the main parking lot and follow the signage to the paved road on the backside of Oaklawn. There is Mosaic-specific parking there, and the main entrance is next to the patio.
Click Here for a map of the parking lot.
- Make sure your phone line has a good connection (we can’t get back to messages we can’t understand!)
- Please speak clearly
- Leave a detailed message including your name, date of birth, reason for calling, and a phone number where we can reach you (we want to make sure we have the most updated contact information for you!)
- If you are calling to inquire about becoming a new patient, please leave an email address in your message so that we may send you a new patient inquiry form electronically.
If you are not able to use the HIPAA compliant, online form, you may call our office and ask about becoming a patient. If you leave a message about becoming a new patient, please give us an email address (if you have one) for us to send a new patient inquiry form to and a phone number.
Click here to complete our New Patient Information Form Online.
Once we’ve received your refill request, please allow 2 business days for the script to be sent to your pharmacy. If you’re wondering if your prescription is ready, call your pharmacy to see if the prescription is ready–– Mosaic doesn’t have that information at our office.